Lab Fees and Supplies

As we wind down the school year I would like to get some input from you about supplies that you think would be beneficial to you for our class. As you know, each of you paid a $35 lab fee this year and received a technical pencil, micron pens, a prismacolor marker, kneaded eraser, plastic ruler, sketchbook, and plastic envelope. So here’s the question. What are some supplies that you would like me to consider ($35) and what are some classroom supplies or equipment that we should consider adding to make the space more productive? Dream big!

1. miranda says:

Supplies
    -Mouse pads
    -Hard drives
    -Elmer’s Glue Stick
    -Pink Pearl Large Eraser
    -C-Thru Professional Triangle
    -T-Square
    -Sharpie Ultra Fine Point Black
    -Sharpie Fine Point Black

2. David Main says:

Some supplies that I would like to be considered would be a compass, a geometric shape template, a different brand of sketchbook (the brand we were given fell apart quickly), a white out marker, and a USB drive. Some classroom supplies/equipment that we should consider adding to make the space more productive are some more light tables (smaller, table top ones), drawing tablets, and an art projector.

3. Omar Mahmoud says:

I would say definitely keep the supplies from this year because they were very useful in most projects and can really help stuff go easier. I would also add maybe some basic geometric shape templates to give people another option or chance on projects that have to do or best fit some geometric shapes.

4. Tony J. says:

5. Tony J. says:

I feel that the supplies we received in the beginning of the year helped me throughout the course, but I only ended up using the kneaded eraser once or twice. The technical pencil, the micron pens, and the prismacolor markers helped me complete projects (sketching, outlining, filling things in, etc.). The sketchbook was useful because it helped us think more outside of class, but we did not end up using it too much. The plastic ruler was also useful because it made it easier to line up your ruler and you could see your project through it. The plastic envelope really helped for organization of projects and made it easier to turn projects in. One supply I would consider for the students in this class is a 4gb to 8gb usb drive to make transportation of files easier. I would also consider getting the tablets for the students to use. Earbuds/headphones could possibly be useful, depending on whether or not students already own a pair. A notepad could possibly be used by students, but they could use their sketchbooks instead. In conclusion, these would be some useful tools for the students in the Digital Graphic Design class..

6. Garrett Oneail says:

Some supplies that I think that should be considered in our lab fee is a flash drive and a Steadtler Non-Photo Pencil. A flash drive could be used for finding images off the web at home, downloading them onto the flash drive, and use them at school. Some images would be pixelated at school due to blocked websites containing the images. I ran into this problem multiple times when trying to find an image to trace. For some people who have Adobe programs at home, a flash drive could be helpful and allow the user to work on their projects at home.
    A Steadtler Non-Photo Pencil is no ordinary pencil. This pencil can be very helpful when it comes to scanning and creating sketch layers. What this pencil is capable of is that it’s used to create sketch lines that are unseeable by the scanner and graphic-art cameras. They come in the color blue.(https://www.michaels.com/staedtler-non-photo-pencil-blue/10408542.html)

Drawing tablets could make the workspace much more productive. For example, I think we wouldn’t need to use traditional sketches that much anymore. We would have an option to create digital sketches, which can be easily be imported into illustrator. I’ve seen some tools that are exclusive to drawing tablets in illustrator, and if we were able to use those tools, our designs could reach a whole new level. We’ll be able to use the brush tool much more efficiently.

7. Sydney Dalton says:

I think we could use the following supplies:
    ~ new colored markers ( for the class or individuals)
    ~ Wacom tablets (for class or individuals)
    ~ side satchels (to make carrying important art projects/supplies easier and less intrusive)
    I think the rest of our needs are covered with the supplies that we’re already given, so that’s all I can think of.

8. Alexander Kowalinski says:

-Drawing Tablets-
    -Flashdrive-
    -Shading Pencils-
    -Sharpener-
    -3 Erasers-

9. Kayla Ford says:

i feel like if we had a 35$lab fee we should have what we had this past year but maybe also a compass and one of those eraser pens. in the classroom we should get a laser cutter.

10. Sarah S. says:

-Flash Drives
    -Charcoal Pencils
    -More light tables (It always seemed to get crowded)
    -More geometric circle temples
    -Eraser pens
    -Markers
    -Drawing tablets for in class use
    -An art stand for presentations instead of using the smart board

You can do a lot with the 35$, maybe have students vote on what it should be used on.

11. Raven mason says:

Honestly all of the supplies we got this year is good. However I always was thinking that we each should get a template with different shapes on it. Also we could get some protractors. Another thing is we could each get one of those large erasers and some glue sticks. Last thing is probably individual sd cards for the cameras.